Garnering top-tier hospitality and travel suppliers from all over the world, the congress has over 50 MICE specialists confirmed.
Dubai: The MICE Arabia Congress is back with a brand new location and even bigger event planned for 2015. Hosted on February 22, and 23 in Dubai, UAE, the congress is set to welcome over 300 attendees from the business travel, luxury travel and MICE industry.
Garnering top-tier hospitality and travel suppliers from all over the world, the congress... Read More
Tourism will play a critical role in driving growth of retail and hospitality projects that feature food and beverage outlets, consultant says
Dubai: The UAE’s food and beverage (F&B) market is expected to expand in the next four years on the back of new retail and hospitality projects. Mall of the Emirates is planning to add 12 food and beverage outlets this summer as part of the second phase of its Dh1 billion redevelopment project.
... Read More
11-day festival, which started with a national parade, commemorates iconic fort of Abu Dhabi and UAE heritage
Abu Dhabi: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, yesterday led the national rally, marking the start of the Qasr Al Hosn Festival.
The annual festival will be... Read More
The UAE government is ahead of the curve when it comes to governance among its regional peers, thanks to the leadership of the UAE, said Mari Kiviniemi, Deputy Secretary-General of OECD.
Addressing The Government Summit in Dubai on Tuesday, she hailed the role of the government in order to stay ahead of the domain by investing in the capacity of individuals and organizations to better shape the change.
“This reflects the clear strategic goal and commitment of the UAE government... Read More
Increased communications and knowledge sharing will enhance existing partnerships and build new relationships geared towards driving tourism growth
Dubai, UAE, 12 February, 2015: Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) has concluded the first in a series of stakeholder engagement committees designed to increase communications and knowledge sharing between key sectors of the emirate’s tourism economy. The committees are the centre of a wider global network,... Read More
In a major announcement, the UAE government has revealed plans to reward innovations in artificial intelligence and robotics. Announcing a prize of $1 million for the best innovators, the government is inviting individuals, companies and students to participate in the award.
“Innovation is the future. Either you innovate or disappear eventually. Wherever we are today, it is because of innovation. It is part of a larger nation-wide strategy. This is the future and we are moving quite... Read More
Dubai’s smart city agenda will help it become of the happiest cities in the world within the next 10 years, a senior official said during the Government Summit on Tuesday.
Ahmed Bin Byat, CEO of conglomerate Dubai Holding, said that he is confident the city’s drive to provide smart services will help make it happier place.
“Creating happiness is the final result of the smart city agenda. Once we are able to manage and meet people’s experiences, we will be able to rise on the... Read More
A population boom in Asia and Africa will make Dubai an important global hub by 2100, an expert predicted.
Dubai is set to become the centre of the world by 2100, a position that is currently held by London, according to an expert at the Government Summit in Dubai.
Population booms in Asia and Africa will be the main driver of this shift in Dubai’s importance, said Hans Rosling, co-founder of Gapminder said during a session at the summit.
“By year 2100, America would... Read More
Around 60 per cent of mall visitors last year were UAE residents and other GCC tourists while the remaining 40 per cent were tourists from across the world.
The Dubai Mall saw almost 80 million visitors last year, up almost seven per cent from 75 million visitors in 2013.
Visitor numbers also exceeded the footfall figures achieved by the world’s most popular tourist destinations and busiest airports in 2014, the mall operator Emaar said in a statement.
Around 60 per cent... Read More
The exhibition “Perceptions of Dubai” by DXB3 is taking place from January 28 to February 28, 2015 at Sofitel JBR, in partnership with Alliance Française Dubai.
DXB3 is an original initiative founded by Isabelle Viallaneix, artist photographer and Valerie Ward, journalist, to witness the creative essence of a vibrant place and pay tribute to the 200 communities living together. “Perceptions of Dubai” presents the photographer and writer’s encounter with the city by capturing moments,... Read More