For the first time, Natalia Vodianova, the house of Guerlain’s muse, has created her make-up collection in collaboration with Olivier Echaudemaison, Guerlain’s creative director. A portion of the profits from the sale of the collection go to the Naked Heart Foundation created by Natalia Vodianova.
Natalia Vodianova said: «I wanted to name my first collection Shalimar, in homage to the fragrance that I have been the face of for eight years and that symbolises my link to Guerlain. This new collaboration with Guerlain is based on mutual trust. I have known Olivier since I started out; he’s someone very important to me and a very dear friend. We worked together with the whole development team for a year on this project. I loved working on the textures and colours and the packaging design. It’s very exciting to see your ideas and wishes take shape and be able to share what you have created with women around the world».
«I am a great romantic and the Shalimar legend that tells the story of the passionate love between Shah Jahan and his beloved wife Princess Mumtaz Mahal has always fascinated me. I wanted to revive the sumptuousness and riches of Imperial India through my collection. This is why I created a gold and blue design reminiscent of Indian jewellery boxes for this Météorites pack», - the house of Guerlain’s muse added.
«I was also inspired in the choice of the colours by precious metals and stones: gold and sapphire. For the KissKiss lipstick, I chose a warm and intense fuchsia shade like Indian pigments. Rouge G’s deep colour reminds me of the ‘Bindi’, the red dot that Indian women apply between their eyes and that symbolises the universal principle of creation».
The tips from Natalia Vodianova:
SOUFFLE D’OR DE SHALIMAR, Perfumed Iridescent, Body and Hair Powder, Limited Edition
- «As well as my face and hair, I apply this powder to the backs of my hands and my wrists. This way, a subtle scent is exuded whenever I move my hands».
MÉTÉORITES PERLES DE LÉGENDE, Light-Revealing, Pearls of Powder, Limited Edition
-«I specifically chose these three colours of beads because they remind me of the colours of the mosaics in Indian palaces. The pink pearls enhance the natural colour of the cheeks and the freshness of the complexion; the blue pearls correct an uneven skin tone and dark circles; while the gold pearls warm up and illuminate the cheekbones».
ROUGE G, Exceptional Complete Lip Colour, Limited Edition
- «The Rouge G jewel case and its integrated mirror have made this lipstick one of my must-have make-up products, which I always carry in my bag for easy touch-ups at any moment».
KISSKISS, Creamy Shaping Lip Colour, 563 Indian Pink, Limited Edition
- «I sometimes use it on my cheekbones to heighten their colour».
ÉCRIN SHALIMAR, Precious Eyeshadows, Gold and Sapphire Shades, Limited Edition
- «For this case, I wanted highly metallic textures for an intense look. I was also inspired in the choice of the colours by precious metals and stones: gold and sapphire. Your eyes will become your most beautiful adornment!».
TERRACOTTA TERRA INDIA, Shimmering Bronzing Powder, Limited Edition
«My application tip: the ‘3’ technique invented by Olivier Echaudemaison. Draw a 3 on each side of the face, from the forehead to the cheeks, then to the chin».
L’OR EYELINER, Felt Eyeliner Sparkling Gold, Limited Edition
-«Don’t hesitate to apply a stroke of gold eyeliner on top of the eyeshadows in the collection; it really brings out my blue eyes!».
PRECIOUS LIGHT, Pearly Pink Illuminator, Limited Edition
- «To illuminate your face, apply this shade to the cheekbones, the outer corner of the eye, the bridge of the nose and the Cupid’s bow».