Inspired by the traditional Russian Matreshka dolls, first carved in 1890s and have been one of the most known export of Russia ever since. The fascination behind the Matreshka doll, also known as the Russian Nesting Doll, are stacking wooden dolls revealing a smaller doll with traditionally not less than five dolls in one stack.
The Matreshka Festival (October 16th till November 19th) at Wafi, organised by DXP Production, will be a celebration of Russian fashion, culture, art, music and sport. To kick-start the event, the Matreshka Festival brand ambassador, former Miss Russia and actress Victoria Lopyreva, will attend the opening ceremony on October 16th with Russian folkloric dance shows and the opening of Matreshka Doll exhibition.
A series of exciting, colourful and fun events will take place from October 16th till November 19th:
- Fashion Week (October 16 – 22): Internationally acclaimed Russian fashion designers like Denis Simachev and Katya Dobryakova along with top stylist Alexander Rogov will showcase the autumn/winter creations.
- Sport Week (October 23 – 29): From performances by Russian Gymnastics School to ballroom dancing classes by professional dancers, the sport week will be an engaging experience for visitors of Wafi Mall.
- Ballet Week (Oct 30 – Nov 5): World class ballet performers, Ekaterina Borschenko and Euyeniy Ivanchinko, at Wafi Mall while children can enjoy ballet lessons from top instructors.
- Art Week (Nov 6 – 12): The highlight of the Art Week will be, Artur Kirillov, world’s no 1 sand animator who will show his creations and also conduct a master class. In addition, there will be a master class by Matreshka Doll maker.
- Music Week (Nov 13 – 19): Performances by legendary musicians like folklore singer Pelageya, opera singer Maria and musician Aleksey will be the highlight of the music week.
Add new comment