Dubai developer Nakheel has announced a partnership with Spanish hotel operator RIU Hotels and Resorts to build a new beachfront resort in its Deira Islands project.
The partnership is expected to create a 750-room four star all-inclusive resort next to range of attractions such as Deira Mall and Deira Islands Night Souk, a statement said.
Nakheel did not disclose the value of the project.
The new project will mark RIU Hotels and Resorts entry to Dubai’s market. The... Read More
Chinese traders account for 65 per cent of 700 units reserved since the project went on lease three days ago, with UAE nationals making up the vast majority of the other 35 per cent.
Dubai — Chinese traders in Dubai are staking their claim on hundreds of new retail and restaurant units at Nakheel’s Dragon City development, where 1.3 million square feet of fresh shop space is being built, Nakheel announced on Tuesday.
Chinese traders account for 65 per cent of 700 units reserved... Read More
Blockbuster show reflects the aviation industry’s growth
Sheikh Ahmed: It is an excellent show and a knowledge-sharing and networking platform
B2B show features 300 exhibitors from 40 countries
Show attracted 127 hosted buyers from 30 countries
8000 industry professionals to attend the three-day event
Show has over 12000 sqm exhibition space
Italy Pavilion debuts at the show
Six country pavilions has a total of 102 exhibitors
Dubai, May... Read More
For almost 200 years, Al Hisn Fort has stood guard over Sharjah, its cannons and towers facing towards the sea to protect the emirate’s residents, rich and poor, from any would-be enemy.
As the city grew, the fort, which is now surrounded by the modern urban sprawl of roads and tower blocks, became less a symbol of security and more a reminder of the emirate’s long and proud history.
Now returned to its former glory as part of an extensive 15-month renovation project, the fort... Read More
At the Top, Burj Khalifa, the world’s highest observatory deck, in Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, just reached another milestone.
Its observation lifts, which travel 124 floors to the open-air platform, have covered 384,400 kilometres - equal to the distance from the earth to the moon – since its opening in 2010.
On average, the two lifts travel 244.4 km per day. Between January and March this year, the first observation lift did 49,833 runs travelling a distance... Read More
Once complete the passenger terminal will provide a total of 24 boarding gates, seven baggage reclaim carousels and an increase to 104 check-in desks.
Dubai Airports on Tuesday said construction work to expand Al Maktoum International at Dubai World Central (DWC) is expected to start later this year.
In a statement, Dubai Airports said the capacity of passenger terminal at Al Maktoum International will increase to 26 million annually by 2017 from present level of six million... Read More
The island will consist of a Butterfly House, a literature pavilion and art sculptures, the emirate's agency said in a statement.
Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq) has launched Al Noor Island, a leisure island project in the emirate in a push to attract more tourists.
Valued at Dhs80 million, Al Noor Island is located in Khalid Lagoon and extends over an area of 45,470 square metres.
The island will consist of a Butterfly House that will house 500... Read More
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and Chairman of Dubai Airports, will inaugurate the Airport Show 2015 to be held from May 10 to 12, 2015, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DICEC). The 15th Airport Show 2015 will be co-located with the 3rd edition of the Global Airport Leaders Forum (GALF) and Travel Catering Expo (TCE).
We, on behalf of Reed Exhibitions Middle East, are pleased to invite you to... Read More
Government directives stimulate growth in mid-market hotel sector
Dubai, UAE, May 5th 2015: According to the latest figures issued by Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), Dubai’s hotel portfolio grew during the 12 months of 2014 from 611 hotels and hotel apartments to 659 – a 7.8% growth over the course of the year. With a number of additions to the mid-market segment opening during the year, further additions to the portfolio of three and four star hotels are... Read More
The scope of the region’s industry-leading airline and hotel operators
reflected in largest awards ceremony in 12-year history
May 4th 2015
New and established operators were honoured in the Business Traveller Middle East Awards 2015 ceremony at the Conrad Dubai ballroom yesterday evening.
More than 350 executives from across the travel industry attended the awards, which were voted by readers, and this year was the largest in 12 years with two new categories.... Read More